Monday 9 July 2012

Except IIT-B and IIT-D, other Institutes fared poorly in QS Asian university rankings 2012, no IIT in top10

Reportedly all the universities in the country have fared poorly in the QS Asian University rankings for 2012, except IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi whose rankings have improved compared to last year.

Reportedly while IIT Bombay is up from 38 in 2011 to 34 in 2012 and IIT Delhi is up from 37 to 36 this year and apparently there is no IIT in top 10 in Asian rankings this year. Except IIT-B and IIT-D all other IITs ranks have dropped this year, IIT Kanpur climbed down the most by 11 places from 36 to 47 and IIT Kharagpur from 48 to 56, IIT Madras dropped from 43 to 45 and IIT Guwahati from 82 to 89.

“It is not that Indian universities and IIT’s are not doing well that the rankings are poor, but the rankings take into consideration many other factors such as International faculty, International students and Medicine , in which our universities loose most marks” said a senior academician talking about the same.

4 comments:

  1. I would appreciate it that your great contribution to your blogs which are readable to everyone who needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I managed to get whatever you mean, regards for posting. Woh My business is delighted to discover this site by way of yahoo and google. "I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out." by Steven Wright."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Once I see amazing web pages, I share it with my buddies. After I shared the web page regarding reliable Dentist, another good friend shared your site to us. I was quite amazed with your iPhone App Setup. Keep it up."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others. Great Blog!
    chennai silks online

    ReplyDelete